Coverage: North America
The Customer is a transportation firm, operating nationwide. They were facing operational challenges in their database environment due to resources constraints in handling growing volumes of data. They were aware that a major upgrade of their existing IT infrastructure was required to handle the data growth and turned to mLogica for assistance.
Specifically, we were tasked with completing the migration and upgrade of their existing Sybase ASE databases and Sybase Replication Server configuration and setting, stabilization of the system and providing 24*7 post migration support
mLogica’s senior SAP Sybase ASE consultants, moved swiftly to tackle the tasks at hand. The team analyzed the overall migration process; tested availability, connectivity, and access for all the servers, and source/target databases. The complexity of configuration environment made the team realize that to optimize functionality, they needed to reset the entire process rather than tinker piece-meal with the system.
To complete this process, the team:
- Installed 17 Sybase ASE 15.0.2 Servers on the new Unix AIX Platform, and upgraded the existing Sybase ASE 12.0 Servers to Sybase ASE 15.0.2 version
- Installed two Sybase Replication Servers on AIX and setup Warm Standby Replication for all production Sybase ASE 15.0.2 servers
- Setup Table Level and MSA Replication from Production Sybase ASE 15.0.2 Servers to Reporting Servers
- Developed UNIX K-Shell script to monitor all Sybase ASE and Sybase Replication Servers and fix the issues plaguing existing scripts
- Scheduled monitoring and backup jobs via Unix Cron scheduler and then supported developers to release their objects and code from a test/dev environment over to the production servers
Post-upgrade, mLogica extended the team to provide 24*7 support. The Sybase ASE specialists further optimized, identified and resolved any performance issues with applications running on the new Sybase ASE 15.0.2 servers. The Sybase Replication Servers were also monitored ensuring they work in the most efficient manner.
After the migration and upgrade was complete, the mLogica team worked with the Customer’s IT team and simplified the process of 24*7 support. Working under their ITIL processes, we have implemented weekly maintenance tasks and performed proactive performance monitoring in both Sybase ASE and Sybase Replication Server environments. mLogica currently monitors, flags and proactively resolves conflicts on a 24*7 basis and has become a trusted advisor.
mLogica’s consultants, working hand-in-hand with the Customer’s team, achieved 100% success in stabilizing a challenging database environment, with mLogica continuing to provide comprehensive round-the-clock monitoring and support.
As a direct result of the upgrade and optimization of their SAP/Sybase databases, the Customer has experienced a surge in the operational efficiency of their systems, which has freed them to concentrate on their business needs rather than technical constraints and challenges.